Wednesday 5 February 2014

Grandad Love

I'm in the midst of a mammoth post about December, Christmas and our holidays. I will probably get it done before next Christmas.

Amid the notes i have made of holiday happenings and comments are a few things that Isla said to her Grandad Rick over the holidays. Now it has to be said, that although Isla has a passionate love for all four of her grandparents, she seems to have an extra special connection with and place in her heart for her Dad Rick. And she is absolutely the apple of his eye. (That being said he loves Lachy equally as fiercely!)

I love to see this relationship grown between them, it fills my heart with happiness.

Throughout the Christmas holidays (and actually, well, most of the time she is around him) he had to sit next to her, had to read her bedtime stories EVERY night, wasn't allowed to go fishing because she would miss him too much!

Anyway, the three long weeks with Grandad Rick prompted these comments from her:

Isla: "Am I dreaming grandad or am i real?"
 Dad: "No, what do you mean Isla?"
Isla: "I'm just having so much fun I thought it must be a dream."

Isla: "Grandad, why do I love to be near you so much and you love me to be near you?"

 I'm all too aware that in a few short, short years she will be finding other ways to spend her holidays so i want to get it down in writing how special these moments have been. I love my parents more than ever for the endless patience, time and love that they show these kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment