Wednesday 2 September 2015

Lachlan Gray



This champ is one of the most caring, sweet and loving children you are likely to come across. I'm not biased, people tell me this all the time. Some have even been non-family members!

He feels things so deeply, he is sometimes anxious and he is a worrier. BUT, without this side to his personality, he wouldn't be the sensitive, empathetic, sweet, sweet dude that he is.

At dinner the other night, out of the blue he pipes up with "Isla, I'm going to care about you forever". He makes my heart swell with these little outpourings of emotions.

We are so, so proud of the leaps and bounds he has taken lately in overcoming his fears. He's worked through his anxiety at starting pre-school and is settling into a Montessori school that seems to be the exact right fit for his personality. He has surprised me with the enthusiasm he has for kindy (not kindy mum, pre-school), given the struggles we have had previously, and although we still have a few tears he is already growing in leaps and bounds in independence.

Can I be so happy for him that he has reached this level of independence but also incredibly sad that he's taken his first large step away from me?!

Pre-school trip to Motat

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that he is settling happily and growing up so lovely!

    ReplyDelete