Wednesday 2 September 2015

Dad

Dad, Kim and I, waaaay back.

 Dad recently turned 60.  A few things happened....
 
Auntie Denise, Hodo, Chloe and Raff visited from to celebrate with us Australia and Lachy fell in love with Raffert.


There was a party and a great speech from Aunty Dee.


There was an AMAZING cake from Beth.

There were these thoughts I had about my Dad.

People haven't always believed in my Dad. They didn't think he'd come to much. One thing you can say for my Dad is he knows how to prove people wrong. He is hardworking, very successful and an extremely smart man. He is one of those rare people who haven't been taught much, but just somehow know how to do everything, and do it well.

Throughout my life, and I am sure some extremely trying situations he has always been kind and patient.

He is generous to a fault, he has a heart of gold and will do just about anything he can to help anybody.

He has given all of himself to make a great life for his family and still works tirelessly.  He's the kind of man who would run 10kms on a Sunday morning alongside me on my horse so I didn't have to go to Pony Club on my own. He's the kind of man who gives up his weekends to work on projects on our house and only asks for scones and cups of tea in payment. He's the kind of man who would drive 25kms to the city in the wee hours (often!) to pick me up when I didn't have money for a taxi. He's the kind of man who lets his grandkids crawl all over him, swing on his legs and jump on him when I know that he has a bad back and damaged knees and that it hurts him. He's the kind of man I am proud to have as my Dad, who cares so so deeply for his family, who loves his grandchildren to distraction and wants to give them the world.

He's a good man, a great Dad and a fantastic Grandad and we are so grateful to have him in our lives.


1 comment: