Monday 14 April 2014

Now we are two, well, nearly...

Two years ago, right around this time, an amazing little guy decided (4 weeks early) that he was ready to face the world. He has been surprising us ever since.

I can barely reconcile this bundle with the tearaway that he is today (or for that matter the little girl that is now so grown up).
So, tomorrow our handsome, hilarious, adventurous guy turns 2. For a long while now he hasn't been a baby but somehow his turning two seems a real graduation into little boyhood.


He's shooting up before our very eyes, but since he will always be my baby it's a nostalgic time for me. He is starting to come up with some real conversational pearlers and his vocab is super-impressive for a nearly two year old. The other morning he hid under the covers and said "Lachy disappeared" and the other day described the digger we stopped to watch as "massive".

I love his silly, cuddly, daredevil character, his perseverance (most notable while playing Lego), his ongoing love of all things fruit and his sister, his crush on Emily next door, his waking me at 6am saying "see digger today", his refusal to say "Grandad" and saying "Rick" or "Tom" instead, his growing insistence that he do things his own way, the way he calls Winne the Pooh "poo bum", his love of entertaining and making people laugh - I could list for hours (oops, I think I just did) the things I adore about this kid. But I will sign off on the song he sang to me in the car the other day "happy birthday yay, yellow submarine poops, cock-a-doodle-doo".

Doing it his way.
We love you little dude, have the most wonderful second birthday xxx

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your little man Nikki - just gorgeous :) Happy Birthday Lachy!

    ReplyDelete